Sleeplessness, trouble sleeping. Have stressful work life. Will taking sleeping pills help?

hi.. i have been having trouble sleeping for more than a month now, i have been sleeping for 2-3 hrs per day and too troubled sleep.. There is lot of stress in work... i wanted to know if taking some sleeping pills would help, if so get the prescription online from healthcaremagic?
Posted Wed, 13 Jun 2012 in Sleep Disorders
Answered by Dr. Neelam Ashish Vanjari 56 minutes later

Insomnia i.e. trouble having sound sleep is common problem these days due to stress.

Benzodiazepine group of drugs are used for this purpose but it requires prescription and is not the over the counter drug. So it cannot be prescribed online.

Instead of jumping to sleeping pills, it is always better to try other options; as sleeping pills are addictive in nature.

You can try some stress relieving technique in Yoga like pranayam.
Maintain sleep hygiene i.e. maintain regular sleeping pattern.
You can try exercising 30 min before you plan to go to sleep.
Avoid large meals and excessive fluids before bedtime
Control your environment. Reduce stimulus like light, noise.

I hope I have answered your query. In case of doubt, I shall be happy to help you.
Best regards,
Dr. Neelam.