Skin on forearm feels fragile and tears easily. Leaving rough and bumpy area. Having blood blisters. What can be done?

Dermatologist
Question
The skin on my forearms is fragile and tears very, very easily. If I rub against anything very hard, the skin tears and wads up. Sometimes I am able to smooth the tear back out, and it heals, but leaves a rough, bumpy scar area. My arms, and other parts of my body, bruise extremely easily. I always have dark, almost blood blister like bruises on my forearms as well. Why would my skin be so fragile and tear so easily, and can anything be done?
.
Posted Wed, 31 Jul 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Thanks for the query. You might be suffering from a condition called as epidermolysis bullosa acquisita (EBA). 't is an auto immune disease characterised by shearing of skin at the site of trauma. Treatment to some extent is possible by use of steroids. First the diagnosis must be confirmed by doing biopsy. Please XXXXXXX a dermatologist and discuss regarding this condition. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you

Follow-up: Skin on forearm feels fragile and tears easily. Leaving rough and bumpy area. Having blood blisters. What can be done? 9 hours later
Is this condition treated with a topical steroids, like 0.2% Hydrocortisone Valerate?

Thanks for the follow up.
Yes it can be controlled with topical steroid, However it is important to know the diagnosis.
I would advice you to go for a biopsy.

Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you