Skin hanging beside ovula. Have had throat pain, with cold symptoms. What is that piece of skin?

ENT Specialist
I have a pice of skin hanging beside my ovula. I have throat pain for a few days now since Sunday. It hurts when I swallow. I do snore and I did wake up on Sunday with a very dry throat. I also had cold symptoms on Monday so I didn't think much of it. But I just looked today at the back of my throat and I saw the pice of skin hanging so that got me worried any suggestions?
Posted Wed, 4 Jul 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 53 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

1. If you can share a close up image of mucosal tag, it will definitely help.

2. This tag may be mucosal edema or local lymphoid hypertrophy.

3. You must get this examined by an ENT specialist. If it does not reduce on medical treatment, an excision biopsy can be easily done to confirm the diagnosis.

4. It is difficult to.predict at this time whether it is related to your Sleep Apnea Syndrome.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.