Skin complexion is dark. Suggest medication to have fair complexion?

hello sir
my skin complexsion is very dark .n im getting marry in XXXXXXX .my wife is very fair.we both look like black n white combination.i know that i can't be very fair like her.but i dnt want that we will look odd.plz help me
Posted Wed, 30 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please read a detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Prior to starting any treatment this realisation is very necessary that we cannot make a stark change in complexion. But certain medicines would definitely help in improving complexion, make skin even toned and glowing.
For the same you may follow these suggestions
Apply a sunscreen in morning with good uvb and uva protection like shadowz, ultraguard, ansolar etc
Use melawash face wash daily two times in a day. Apply it over face for four to five minutes then wash off
Apply a skin lightening cream like lumacip plus in night. Only a small amount had to be applied over face and do not rub the cream.
Usually with in one to month desirable response is seen. i would also suggest you to take few sessions of skin lightening peels every two or three weeks. Usually four or five sessions are good enough.

Peels along with medicines would definitely improve your skin tone, reduce XXXXXXX and brighten complexion.

Please XXXXXXX a dermatologist nearby for peeling sessions and for proper follow up of advised medicines.
Follow-up: Skin complexion is dark. Suggest medication to have fair complexion? 8 hours later
he dont like to have medicine ,and peeling session is quit if it is better to have some other process.
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Peels are not painful

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back.
I have not suggested any oral medicine.
If your fiance wants to have a better complexion, he needs to put in some efforts.
Use of sunscreen is mandatory when one is worried about complexion as it prevents further tanning and development of pigmentation. He may use melawash face wash instead of the regular soap that he uses to wash his face. The night cream suggested is safe to use

Chemical peels are not at all painful. When peels are applied slight burning or pin pricking sensation may be there but if a good quality peel is used, no such burning or pin pricking sensation is felt. With peeling sessions too, sun protection and use of suggested night cream is required.

There is another technique called mesoporation where certain skin lightennig drugs like vitamin c liquorice arbutin etc are introduced into deep skin. It is painless but costly. Also personally I feel chemical peels give better and faster results. But take my words no dermatologist guided procedure will help unless you fiance is motivated and is regular with his sunscreen and other mentioned topical medicines.

Hope this helped.

Hello kalpna,

Thank you for the suggestion.

Can i have you number(If ur comfortable),so that i can contact you while in treatment process.Can you provide me Doctor list of pune or bombay(better if they will from pune bt they will be the best).Docter list for mesoporation and chemical peeling.
i want to start will the process asp.

hope you will help me
take care
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 24 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can contact me through this site or mail

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to me.
You can get these procedures done at any cosmetology centre.However, XXXXXXX skin clinic and blush clinics are quite renowned centres in Pune. So you may book an appointment at these centres.
For further follow up you may always contact me through this site or mail.