Skin burns after shaving, pimples develops with remaining marks. How to avoid this?

Hello Dr,
I am 28 yr old, my problem is that after shaving my bearded it burns a lot and small pimples will come and marks will remain on face, request you to given me the solution.
Posted Wed, 15 May 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 1 hour later
Your symptoms may be due to pseudofolliculitis barbae. Pseudofolliculitis barbae is a type of folliculitis which results from shaving.

Treatment consist of letting your beard grow for 1 month and then shaving with a moisturizing shaving foam and single razor blade.Shave in the direction of the follicle, not against it and at night, apply a lotion containing glycolic acid to the affected areas. This exfoliates the surface skin cells and reduces the likelihood of new inflamed spots.

In case the symptoms persist then oral tetracyclines and laser treatment are the best. For this you should consult a dermatologist.
Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.