Since hysterectomy have a dark brown discharge. No pain or burning except itching. Suggest?

Since my total hysterectomy 7 years ago, I have a dark brown "discharge". The only way I know it's there is the stain it leaves in my underwear. I do not have pain or burning. I do sometimes have itching. There is nothing on the toilet paper when I check.
Posted Wed, 31 Jul 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 14 minutes later
The discharge is coming from the glands on the vaginal walls. If the discharge is frequent then it can be associated with mild infection possibly from the suture site. You need not worry. However, I suggest that you get a pap smear test done. It will rule out possible infection. If required you can be treated for that. Meanwhile use betadine based vaginal wash or betadine vaginal tablets at night for a week. It will maintain good hygiene and clear mild infection.
Follow-up: Since hysterectomy have a dark brown discharge. No pain or burning except itching. Suggest? 25 hours later
Thank you so very much! I had done research on the Internet for this and found lots of women with the same problem and no solutions.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 3 minutes later
Use the vaginal wash and keep note for a few days. I think you will find some relief. And get that pap smear test done.