Should i stop my yoga and light exercise classes for trying to get pregnant?

Hi, I want to start a family. I might have to travel abroad for work by mid-march for 3 weeks I want to know if I should wait untill my return or I can still go ahead and try. What if I conceive and travel unaware about it? Is it a risk? I also wanted to know if I should stop my yoga and light exercises classes
Posted Wed, 26 Mar 2014 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: go ahead and try Detailed Answer: Hello, I have read your query and understand your concerns. Mid-march is some time soon. There is no harm in trying to conceive now. You can go ahead and try. Your ovulation time is important in this regard. Ideally, you must have sexual intercourse on the days of your ovulation. If you are aware of your ovulation days, it is good for you. You can plan to have sexual intercourse accordingly. Even if you conceive in this cycle, and you are travel unaware, no danger as such in it. There is no risk as well. You can go ahead with the travel. You must make sure to not lift heavy objects, that is all. Start taking Tablet Folvite 5mg once daily after food right away as you wish you conceive now. There is absolutely no need to stop yoga and light exercises classes. Please continue them. Wish you good luck. Regards,
Follow-up: Should i stop my yoga and light exercise classes for trying to get pregnant? 26 hours later
Thanks a lot for your response:) One question though, are there any exercises that need to be avoided? My yoga teacher includes crunches, some amount of jogging and jumping, abs exercises, XXXXXXX namaskar etc
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 20 hours later
Brief Answer: you need to avoid some of them Detailed Answer: Hello, Prenatal yoga is a very good form of exercise during pregnancy. You can do that routinely, no problem in it. I would say NO to crunches, no jogging and jumping as well. Also, no forward bending abdominal exercises. XXXXXXX namaskar is good. You can continue that. Your exercise pattern would change in all three trimesters. You can discuss about the options for you with your yoga teacher. I wish you good health and good luck.