Should i get another aura for my epilepsy?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have epilepsy but haven't had a seizure in a few years. I have been having auras and last EEG a year ago came out normal, should I get another one?
Posted Tue, 18 Mar 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You can avoid an EEG now. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. If you are not having any active seizures for last ore than three years and your last EEG an year ago was normal then there is no need to get another one. You can avoid it. In case the auras are frequent ore then once every fortnight then do consult a neurologist for further evaluation and dosage adjustment. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL