Should i be concerned over a very large and pale yellow stool?

Hi I was having flu-like symptoms beginning Friday around 3am until yesterday afternoon (Sunday). Mainly bad bone/joint pain and muscle aches. Also a little bit of nausea that would come and go. I ate very little during this time because I was trying to sleep it off and didn't want to get out of bed. Sunday night I felt good enough to eat some salmon for dinner with vegetables. I also took a multi-vitamin, calcium supplement with vitamin D, and magnesium supplement because my muscles were cramping up. Anyway later in the evening I had a very large and pale yellow stool, not diarrhea but not totally firm either. Should I be concerned? Could eating so little for two days and then having a pretty large meal have caused this? Today I feel fine but have not had any bowel movement. Thank you for your help.
Posted Sun, 9 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 3 hours later
Brief Answer: No worries for the moment. Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query, I really do not think, with a single large pale stool, you need to be that worried. many factors during this period make me feel very comfortable, and I think you should not be worried. First, there was a change in the normal daily pattern of eating, with introduction of new foods, and drug combinations into the diet. This would have been a call for concern also if it occurred many times. This occurring only once means you really need not bother much. It is normal to experience a large stool when one eats a large meal. It is important to note that magnesium on its own has laxative effects, and could partly and for sure explain the symptoms that you experienced. You really need not bother for now. However, in case symptoms persist, new symptoms set in or aggravate, you might have to consult your doctor. Your present condition is in my humble opinion, no call for panic, and you really need not be worried much. Thanks and kind regards as I wish you the best of health. Dr Bain