Should i be concerned about my son's vomiting inspite of an injury on head?

Nov 2013

My son fell out of a shopping cart two days ago. I think he hit his head, but he seemed fine afterward. Over 24hrs after the incident he has been vomiting, but seems fine otherwise. Should I take him to the E.R.?
Posted Thu, 20 Mar 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: There is no need to take him to ER. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query. First of all, I would like to reassure you that there is no need to worry about your child's vomiting and there is no need to take him to ER now. This is because more than 24 hours have passed and then vomiting has started. There are no other symptoms to suggest any serious head injury. Please watch for symptoms such as drowsiness, fits, lethargy, weakness of arm or leg, or repeated vomiting. If these symptoms occur, then, you can take him to ER. I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Follow-up: Should i be concerned about my son's vomiting inspite of an injury on head? 4 minutes later
Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: Thank you. Detailed Answer: Thank you and best wishes, Dr Sudhir XXXXXXX MD DM (Neurology)