Should combine levolin 0.63 and budecort 0.5 or just budesal 0.5 for nebulization. Taking ambrolite. Difference?

For nebulizing a 2 year old weight 14 kgs should I do a combination of levolin 0.63 and budecort 0.5 or just budesal 0.5. What's the difference. He is also taking ambrolite syrup.Thanks
Posted Sat, 17 Aug 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 23 minutes later

I understand your concern.

Levolin is levosalbutamol which is bronchodilator given to relieve spasm.

Budecort is budesonide which is a glucocorticoid and is given to relieve spasm and shortness of breath in asthmatic patients.It is given as prophylactic and maintenance therapy.

I suggest you to give levolin nebulisation as it is used as rescue therapy in relieving acute symptoms.

Whether to give levolin alone or in combination with budecort depends on severity of symptoms as well.

I suggest you to give medication as prescribed by your pediatrician.

Continue with ambrolite .

Hope I have answered your query.If you have any other query I would be glad to help.

Wishing your child good health.

God bless..