Should I stop taking Xanax when not available?
User rating for this question
I take 3 x Xanax .250 tablets daily. In Australia Xanax is about to be rescheduled to a class 8 drug making it harder to get. Should I just stop taking? Been on it for 3 years.
Posted Thu, 2 Jan 2014 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Sonila Borici 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the answer below. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX I read your query and understood your concern. Xanas is a psycoactive preparation used to treat anxious disorders. Its generic name is Alprazolam. If you can't find this drug under Xanax, you might find with another names, also you can buy it online. However, if you still wish to stop taking it, you should decrease its dose slowly under doctor's supervision. Stopping abruptly the preparation may worsen the symptoms of anxiety and may lead to major complication. So I suggest to talk to your doctor first , than slowly decrease the doses of Xanax. If the symptoms worsen during the decrease of doses, you should increase the dose to the precedent and immediately consult your doctor. When you reach the daily dose of 0.250 mg per day than you can safely stop the medication. Hope I answered to your question. Dr. Sonila.
People also viewed
- How to stop taking xanax
- Suboxone for tramadol withdrawal
- Date rape drug symptoms
- Precautions after piles surgery
- Should i stop taking xanax when not available
- Kratom for suboxone withdrawal
- Vomiting after taking stamina pills
- Best antidepressant for men
- White stuff after using pessaries
- Stopped taking xanax can#39t handle stress suggest medication
- How can i stop taking xanax concerned about seizure
- Too much phlegm after tummy tuck
- When does periods starts after taking regestrone
- Abandonment issues in men
- When take xanax after meth