Should I seek second opinion? SVT attached to AV node in heart, tear in aortic valve, ablations ineffective

Cardiologist
Question
hi, i have severe svt attached to avnode in the center of may heart....this has caused my aortic valve to tear in 2 areas leaking to the left side of mat heart, my mitral to porlapse and my pulmonary to start leaking into my lungs....i have had 2 ablasions with no luck...i was told about chryo ablasion....my dr told me i would be dead in 10 years.....that since i am only 32 my heart would over work the plastic valves and if i have the chryo it would make my heart blow up...that if the av node is damaged a pacemaker would not work.....i am to young for all of this to kill me....should i seek a 2nd opinion.....i have had this since i was 15. told to replace my valves around 40 and i would be fine now this....
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Gopi A 15 hours later

I have gone through your query. I am not sure i have understood the whole thing properly.

I will spell out the problem as i understand first and take it from there.

You are suffering from supraventricular tachycardia with a failed ablation twice.

You also have a leak in the aortic valve, a pulmonary valve.

I need some more information like are you on medications for SVT(Supraventricular tachycardia), and how often do you get the tachycardia episodes.

What is the degree of leak in the aortic and pulmonary valve, is the mitral valve leaking?

If possible i would like you to send me a scanned copy of the ECG and a copy of the echo report.

Once i get this information i will be able to give you some answers.

Dr. A. Gopi