Should I continue taking Sitcom forte, cremadiet and Diltigesic for extreme pain after passing stool?

Gastroenterologist
Question
i have anal fissure which i had got around a month back. While it healed initially, i had again passed hard stool as a result of which the problem has recurred and i am suffering from acute pain for last 4 days. After passing the stool the pain lasts for close to 6-8 hours. My doctor has advised me to take Sitcom forte once a day, cremadiet and Diltigesic 2% twice a day. But inspite of using the above for past 4 days, i am having extreme pain after i pass the stool. is there any other way i could reduce the pain
Posted Thu, 23 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Answer given below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting your query. I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you. You continue taking cremadiet and Diltigesic. Along with that you need to do the following. 1. Sitz bath - Expose your anal part to lukewarm water in tub for 10 minutes 2-3 times a day. 2. Apply lignocaine jelly for pain relief. It is available as Lox Jelly. I hope that answers your question. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: Should I continue taking Sitcom forte, cremadiet and Diltigesic for extreme pain after passing stool? 2 hours later
Dear Sir, Should I apply Dilitigesic before stool or after stool. Also can i use a lubricant like Sheild ointment before stool as Diltigesic can only be applied outside on anal rectum. Also can i apply Diltigesic and Lox Jelly simultaneously. regards XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 14 hours later
Brief Answer: Answer given below Detailed Answer: Hi, Diltigesic can be applied after sitz bath. Yes you can use Shield. Shield contains lignocaine also. So you need not apply Lox (lignocaine) separately. Diltigesic relieves the spasm of anal sphincter. Shield relives pain and soothes the area. So start with sitz bath and then apply diltigesic and shield. Take high fiber diet, fiber supplements and drink plenty of fluids. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini