Should I consult a doctor for cuticle detachment in toenail?
User rating for this question
My small toe nail cuticle has detached from toe nail. Toe is red swollen and hot. I have been soaking in warm salt water and using a steroid and a fungal cream. It is improving. Will the cuticle reattach, and should I go to a doctor?
Posted Tue, 11 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: Look at image it should be fine. Detailed Answer: Hello, Looking at image, I think it should heal without complication.Keep the toe covered to loose bandage so that nail doesn't get pulled by or stuck in clothes or loose threads etc. A new nail will grow underneath slowly replacing entire nail. Hope this helps.Regards.
People also viewed
- Clotrimazole 1% solution ear
- Detachment toenail
- Child toenails detached at the cuticle
- Knot under skin on arm with bruise
- Black spot in toenail cuticle
- Persil non bio liquid
- Getting pregnant after 40
- Line bruising on arm
- Blister big toenail cuticle
- Should i consult a doctor for cuticle detachment in toenail
- Purple red like bruises on uper arm
- Liver cancer treatment options
- Mysterious reddish bruise on left arm
- Itching arms bruised on hands
- Estrogen replacement for menopause