Should I be worried even after having normal fecal occult blood test?

just today i been in hospital after i start to think again about the same problem without any new symptoms ,the physician after he took the history he request some blood test and fecal for occult blood and urine and all tests came negative even the fecal for occult blood, doctor told me according to my history and result for tests this is my decision if i need to go further to do another test but his opinion to take Valium and follow with psychiatrist for my anxiety and now i am feel relief from my concern
Posted Fri, 3 Jan 2014 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Please, try to accept that all is well!!! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for these follow up details. It is very good to get follow up from our virtual clients. I have always longed for this but, it happens not too often. Thanks you so much for this opportunity. Please, with objective laboratory data and a comprehensive clinical examination that does not find anything abnormal should have you get convinced that these swollen lymph nodes do not represent any pathological process or a pathology. Do justice to yourself and stop constantly getting worried about a potentially disturbing disease despite repeated reassurance from multiple doctors/colleagues. What you are exhibiting is typical of hypochondriasis. If you cannot get over it by yourself then seeing a psychiatrist as suggested by your physician would be helpful. At least, he would help with psychotherapeutic therapy to get you out of this. It can be so debilitating to live with such troubling thoughts. I hope we find some measures to really relief you of these constant worries. I hope you continue to feel better. If you should be able to overcome this as soon as possible, it would be a wonderful thing. I hope this happens soon. I wish you well and hope you find this information useful. Thank you so much for following up with me and feel free to ask for follow up clarifications or request for more information if need be. Dr. Ditah, MD.