Should I be worried even after having a normal brain MRI when suffering from panic disorder?
User rating for this question
Hi Doctor I have previously asked a question regarding my panic disorder and possible neuroglogical issues. As suggested by you I got a councel from Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX from Hiranandani Hospital. He prescribed anti-depressents and asked for a brain MRI. I did the brain MRI and it was clear I am yet to follow up with the Dr. With a clean MRI can we be certain that it is anxiety panic related and nothing physical?
Posted Sat, 15 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for getting back. Yes, normal MRI of brain rules out all serious problems related to brain, and we can be sure of that. Your symptoms are related to panic and anxiety and would respond to medical treatment with antidepressants and anti-anxiety medications. Please meet Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX for follow up. I hope my reply has helped you. I would be pleased to answer, if you have any follow up queries or if you require any further information. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, For DIRECT QUERY to me: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar My blog: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.com/
People also viewed
- Ataxic cerebral palsy gait
- Lyrica for panic disorder
- When i pee it burns my butt hole
- What is wrong the bottom of my stomach hurts
- Best ssri for panic disorder
- Wheezing throat after running
- Nortriptyline for panic disorder
- When i run i cant breathe and legs tire easily
- When is high blood pressure dangerous
- I am suffering from panic disorder, can i take xanax xr?
- Astrocytosis in the brain
- Anxiety and panic disorder symptoms
- Cerebellar ataxia prognosis
- Idiopathic cerebellar ataxia
- Exercises for cerebellar degeneration ataxia