Should I be worried about rough and patchy feeling in inner labia minora

I have a question. Is the inner labia minora/vulva suppose to be rough and patchy feeling or smooth like a baby`s bottom. When I went in for a physical the doctor said everything looked normal but I forgot to ask what The inner labia is suppose to feel like. Mine does feel rough and patchy but if the doctor said it looks fine then I probably don't need to worry.
Posted Sat, 16 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 6 days later
Brief Answer:
Depends from woman to woman

Detailed Answer:

The labia minor is generally smooth in texture in women who are not sexually active. In women who are it can become rough and patchy however not all the women who are active have rough texture.

Would like to know what is the reason for your inquiry? Would like to hear from you further.