Should I be worried about blood in urine after undergoing hysterectomy and rectocele ?

I had my hysterectomy and rectocele 16 days ago. I had constipation and terrible back pain with bowel movement one week after surgery. I saw the dr. Again and he suggested Valium to relax my back muscles and that seemed to work. Then at 2 weeks developed increased discharge bAd odor and some stinging when I urinate. I'm taking an antibiotic and that cleared up the burning and discharge. Everything was great felt really good then out of the blue started bleeding. On call nurse said if I fill a pad within 2 hours go to er. It stopped. I did not have abowel movement for one day took 3 different stool softeners and had a bowel movement this morning then a few hours later started bleeding again. When I urinate I expell slot of blood and and a large blood clot. Should I worry?
Posted Thu, 19 Dec 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Could be pelvic infection. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX After analyzing your query, I feel you are having infection at the surgical site, which is causing all these symptoms like foul smelling vaginal discharge, secondary hemorrhage. Kindly do not be panicky. To call it Secondary haemorrhage there should be severe amount of bleeding. I agree with your doctor for starting you on antibiotics. Sometimes pelvic collection can also produce similar complaints. If I were your treating doctor, I would have admitted you started you on parenteral antibiotics, and get a per-speculum done to rule out infection. Also I would have taken a vaginal swab for culture. Most of the time these type of symptoms will stop once the INFECTION is controlled. Hence I advise you to consult your doctor. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!