Shingles on hand and back. Had fever blisters and Guillain Barre earlier. Could I take shingles shot after outbreak?

I have a light cas of shingles ; started on my hand and I only have a couple on my arm and back. I have had fever blisters on & off all my life. I had guillian barre' about 40 yrs ago and cannot take flu shot and was unsure about the shingles shot. Can I still take the shingles shot after my outbreak?
Posted Tue, 29 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

This vaccine is indicated for individuals who have never had shingles before. It is also contraindicated in persons with a low state of immunity and a shingles outbreak raises the question of how strong the immune status is.

Putting all of this together, you are not eligible to be administered this vaccine.

I hope this addresses your query fully. Please feel free to request for more information. I wish you well.Dr. Ditah, MD