Shaky hands, tingling limbs, lack muscle strength, have muscle soreness, swelling. What could cause this?

I hAVE SHAKY HANDS, POOR CIRCULATION IN Hands and feet (either too hot or too cold and tingly), lack of muscle strength, muscle soreness. what could cause this? a little swelling sometimes in the extremities when hot. Sometimes a little painful, swollen joints in hands. Lipids are a little high and my thyroid has tested a little sluggish. Not overweight, normally healthy, but osteo-arthritus in one hip. Muscles sometimes feel weak.
Posted Sun, 29 Jul 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 51 minutes later
The symptoms you are having are likely to be due to an electrolyte imbalance, dehydration or vitamin B 12 deficiency.
A sluggish thyroid gland is further aggravating these symptoms. You need to keep yourself well hydrated and drink an electrolyte XXXXXXX fluid like oralyte frequently.
Taking methylcobalamin supplements for at least two weeks will also be helpful.
In case the symptoms are persistent then you need to consult a physician for proper evaluation.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Shaky hands, tingling limbs, lack muscle strength, have muscle soreness, swelling. What could cause this? 38 minutes later
Is it likely to have the electrolyte imbalance if I take really high quality vits/minerals? Also, I eat very healthy food but I do not do much aerobic exercise because of my hip ...

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
Taking high quality minerals and vitamins will be helpful but specific high dose methylcobalamin supplements are needed to take care of nerve related symptoms.
Taking plenty of citrus fruits will also be helpful.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.