Severe abdominal pain, loss of appetite, cold sweats. Taking Omeprazole. Cure?

Hi I had been suffering from sevre burning pains (lots of gas and loose stalls )all over my adomnen for a couple of months. I went to the Doctors on Monday and got put on omeprazole 20mg 1 tab a day, this has stopped the burning pains. I now have no appatite, feel sick all the time and having cold sweats I have also had diorriah for the last 2 days, I also have a terrible pain in the lower right side of my adomen it is very tender to touch and hurts when i move, if i turnover in the night it is agony it is a sharp burning pain, but provding i dont move is ok. I am 40 m non smoker and drinker, the doctor felt all around my adomen on monday but these symptems have developed since then, please help me i am scared
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 40 minutes later

The symptoms you described can be caused by a variety of causes which include appendicitis, regional enteritis, renal colic, perforated peptic ulcer amongst others.

I would suggest that you visit an emergency room as soon as possible so that you can be evaluated by a physician and can be prescribed appropriate therapy. Thorough examinations followed by some investigations like ultrasonography of the abdomen are warranted in this situation.

However, since I believe that more information helps a physician arrive at an accurate diagnosis, I request you to answer the following questions
1. Do you have any fever or diarrhea?
2. Is there any associated burning sensation while urinating?
3. Have you eaten out recently?

I hope I have answered your query. I will be available to address any follow up query that you might have.

Wish you speedy recovery.