SGPT high, cholesterol high. Had a heart attack. How to reduce cholesterol and SGPT levels?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
hi am 28yrs of old & have undergone test which resulted SGPT high ie 107 SGOT is 44 , I have undergone an heart attack 2 yrs back , triglycerides is 185 . Since then I am also taking cholesterol lower medicine (Salt Rosuvastatin 20mg)Further I would like to know will there be any problem . I have been undergone this test from New Employer as pre joining medical test . Further as my SGPT is high they had told me to undergo another test ie sonography & other blood tests. I am little tensed as I dont want to loose this new job opportunity . I would like to know will this affect any causes for my joining. Please guide what are the measures to lower my SGPT & cholesterol level. Please help & guide what to do further.
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 7 hours later
The mild rise in liver enzymes that you are having might be due to taking the cholesterol lowering agent and mild alcohol intake. The investigations that have been recommended to you are to rule out any liver pathology.
This mild rise in liver enzymes is not any life threatening problem and these revert back to normal once the offending agent is stopped. This should not affect your chances of getting the job.
You can do some lifestyle modifications like quitting alcohol or tobacco use and losing any extra weight. In addition to the low fat low cholesterol diet, you should add more soluble fibre in your diet. Good sources of soluble fiber include oats, certain fruits (such as oranges and pears) and vegetables (such as brussels sprouts and carrots), and dried peas and beans. Include aerobics in your daily fitness routine.

I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.