Runny nose after eating. Used otrivin for breathing problem. Found high eosinophills count. Any solution?

Recently I was in England and developed some breathing problem. It seemed to be because of something nasal. The day problem used to increased I used to feel that something has become narrower ( more like something in nose). I used otrivin which helped me for few days but after that it stopped working. Also the breathing trouble becomes more after food. Usually my nose is very running after food ( chilly food makes it more). In England I was not having runny nose after food. In recent CBC the Eosinophills count was found to be about 9 ( Higher than normal range). ECG and Chest Xray was mostly normal and no clotting was found by blood tests? So what exactly is happening ?? Thanks -XXXXXXX
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 2 hours later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Sugar level above 200 mg – irrespective of the time – is DEFINITE DIABETES MELLITUS. (NOT Glucose Intolerance, as mentioned)
Your levels are uncontrolled. You need to be on medicines – start with Metformin.
You should be following up with a specialist in Diabetes / Endocrinology.

A normal chest X-ray and ECG are re-assuring.
You need an X-ray of the para-nasal sinuses! – probably a CT scan.
Clinical examination and Spirometry may detect bronchial asthma...
Eosinophils are markers of allergy – a battery of blood tests is available to find many common causes of allergy.

In the mean time, anti-histamines like levo-cetrizine and/or leukotriene receptor antagonists like Montelukast may help. You need to follow up with ENT (Ear Nose Throat) specialist.

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck