Right leg below knee and left hand numbness, hair fall

Average

Question
My right leg below the knee and my left hand are numb. Right leg prohibits me from driving safely. Fast onset ... I was okay 2 weeks ago ... now I walk like I have CP or something ... also my hair is falling out
Posted Fri, 7 Sep 2012 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 5 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
It will be nice if you mention whether the symptoms persists through out the day / intermittent, ant history of recent injury / any triggering factor.
Numbness can have all kinds of different causes, as it is a symptom of many different ailments, diseases and conditions.
Leg numbness can occur when an individual has been in the same seated or standing position for a long period of time. While most of the time leg numbness is a non-threatening condition it can be quite uncomfortable. Commonly hand numbness is caused by median nerve traveling to the arms, hands, or fingers. Stretching the hands, massaging and even ice packs can help symptoms of carpal tunnel.
I also advice you to test for sugar as diabetes can also cause this symptoms. i advice you to go for FBS, PPBS test and also it will be better if you test HbA1C, it will provide information about the last 3 month of blood sugar.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.

Follow-up: Right leg below knee and left hand numbness, hair fall 7 hours later
The leg numbness has gotten worse in the past 3 weeks. Before that it was kind of like stiffness when I woke up. Now I can't walk properly. Walking up and down stairs is easier than walking on something flat. My leg is just nuts. There isn't any pain just doesn't work right.

Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 1 hour later
Hello
Good to hear from you.
I advice you to go for tests that i have mentioned for sugar, to rule out diabetes. Is there any swelling in the knee joint. Does it improve as you walk.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided.
I advice you to see orthopedic surgeon for examination and for exact diagnosis. Even osteoarthritis may also cause stiffness and present with the symptom your are mentioning. Physical examination and X XXXXXXX will help in diagnosing the condition.
Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Right leg below knee and left hand numbness, hair fall 12 hours later
Just checked my leg and I think my problem might have something to do with I can't flex my right foot. I can put weight on it with no problem I but can't flex the joint at all.

Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 4 hours later
Hello
Good to hear from you.

Is there any selling around the joint / any history of injury to the affected part. It will be better if you see orthopedician for examination and exact diagnosis, as it is difficult to exactly diagnose without examination.

Wish you good health.