Report states that ovaries were stuck on pelvic side walls. Had IVP for poor opacification. Suggest?

My doctors report states that my ovaries were stuck on the pelvic side wall;a left ureteric injury was excluded on IVP what does this mean?She had two IVP's one in 2011 and seconded in 2012 with the more recent IVP suggesting possibility of poor opacification on left side.Had a recent episode of bleeding PR after examination with Pain Consultant who pressed on left side where pain is located ,was left left stressed by examination.
Posted Thu, 12 Sep 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
No worries for now

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

It simply means that a problem with the ureter, which a tube that transports urine from the kidneys to the bladder, is ok and has not problems. IVP meaning Intravenous Pyelography is designed to diagnose blockages in the transportation tubes in the human urinary system.

I do not think is any reason why she has to be stressed. I suggest an abdominal ultrasound and CT scan to be very sure. I reevaluation by a gynecologist could be of help.

thanks and hope this helps. Feel free asking further questions if need be. KIND REGARDS.

Follow-up: Report states that ovaries were stuck on pelvic side walls. Had IVP for poor opacification. Suggest? 55 minutes later
I have on going left sided pain from my hysterectomy in 2008.Would this cause me to have scaring tissue,if so would CT scan show this and should they have had me monitored more.At time they said it would be advisable to go back in,but they then grew to 10 cms and stuck to pelvis.After further investigations when they were looking at my kidneys it was then discovered that the cysts had grew bigger.But the left sided pain still persists,taking tramadol every day for this.Also continual back pain with arthritis at multiple levels in the lower lumbar and bulging discs.
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are right

Detailed Answer:
hi and thanks for the update,

I think a CT scan could help. But a clinical evaluation , guided by a CT scan and ultrasound results are all needed to make the decision to intervene or not. This could mean staying away, open surgery or endoscopy.

I still suggest a review by the gynecologist. Kind regards

bain LE, MD