Ask a Urologist   »  

Redness, swelling and discomfort in penis after sex or masturbation. Not STD

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
my penis has becomes very red, swollen and uncomfortable after sex or even mastibation, I havent been playing around so it cant be a STD. Sometimes it goes away quite quickly other times it takes several days
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 28 minutes later
Hi there.

Have you sustained any trauma to the penis ?

Have you been forcefully masturbating recently ?

Is there any discharge from the penis ?

Is there any trouble in retracting or bringing down the foreskin of the penis ?

Have you been tested for Diabetes ?

Usually when the penis is injured possibly due to forceful sex or masturbation it could get swollen and painful and will usually take a few days to subside. You may apply moisturizer to the skin and use KY jelly if you feel friction while having sex,. This will reduce the chance of getting injuries during sex. Also avoid forceful masturbation.

Sometimes Diabetes can also cause recurrent infections, so kindly do get tested for the same.

You can apply Neosporin ointment over the reddened and swollen area twice a day for 7 days. Also avoid having sex or masturbating till the lesion has subsided.

Eat a balanced diet. Keep well hydrated to avoid Yoga for stress relief.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Wishing good health.