Red watery discharge from vagina. History of endomitriosis and ovarian cysts. Pap smear normal

Four days ago I started gushing a watery substance out of my vagina. The water was clear with no smell. Slowly the water began to have a reddish tint to it over the last 48 hours with a sweaty smell. Today is day four and I can clearly see "stings" or lines of blood. The last 48 hours a general dull achy sense of fullness is in my lower abdomen and lower back. Im changing my panty liners every hour. It was a lot of liquid coming although not constant even flow. I have a history of endomitriosis and ovarian cysts. I just had my yearly Pap smear 5 months ago which was normal. I'm about two weeks from my cycle. 31yrs old. Never been pregnant.
Posted Sun, 31 Mar 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 1 hour later
Thanks for posting your query on health care magic.

The most common cause of vaginal discharge with stings of blood include:

A vaginal infection (yeast, bacterial infection, trichomonas)
The body's reaction to a foreign body (such as a forgotten tampon or condom) or substance ( soap).

Following are my recommendations:

1. You need complete physical examination by a specialist Gynecologist.
A physical examination is the most accurate way of determining the cause of abnormal vaginal discharge.
2. A vaginal swab test.
3.Use water or unscented non-soap cleanser to wash genitalia, use warm (not hot) water .
4.Do not douche or use feminine hygiene products.
5.Avoid hot baths with scented products; plain warm water is preferred
6.Wear cotton underwear;
7.Rinse genitals with water and XXXXXXX dry after toileting; avoid use of scented toilet paper

Hope this helps.Feel free to ask for further clarifications. I wiil be happy to help.

Dr Nilofer