Red sore on foreskin of penis, hurts when touched. Tested for herpes simplex. STD in nature?

i have a small red cancre sore on foreskin of penis it hurts when i touch it.could it be std in nature or non std???? also i saw my doctor she did not know exactly what it was,.she is having me tested for herpes simplex 1 and 2..she felt it may be nonsexual in nature..i had oral sex done 2 months ago..i hope its not a std but possibly abacterial sore..i hope its not an early sign of penis cancer
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Vineet Malhotra 2 hours later
Thanks for your query

A painful sore on the penis is more likely to be a chancroid rather than a chancre which indicates a syphilitic infection.
The chancroid is caused by a possible chlamydial infection and is best treated by a course of doxycycline.
Genital herpes may also cause painful blister like lesions on the glans.
Most of these lesions are sexually transmitted and you must use a barrier for any form of sexual practice.
A painful sore of short duration is highly unlikely to be cancerous in nature.

I hope i have answered your query.
I will be happy to answer any other queries that you may have.
Dr Vineet Malhotra