Red or light brown rash above right cheek bone, predominant when hot or tired. What is it ?

Dermatologist
Question
hi..i have a red rash or light brown rash above my right cheek bone...i have had this for approx 6 months and it sometimes appears on my left cheek bone as well, it is more predominant when i get hot or i am tired. I have attached a photo..i have had blood tests done 3 months ago for my yearly check up and everything was ok...what can this be on my right cheek..mind you i do have allergies such as a runny nose in the morning when i wake up and phlegm...
Posted Wed, 13 Jun 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 5 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing in.
Looking at your photograph, it seems that you are suffering from nothing else but simple sun allergy which occurs due to excessive sun exposure and as mentioned it occurs only after a sun exposure.
Even excessive heat can give rise to same symptoms and the easiest way to get rid of them is to avoid the sun and heat.
When it occurs, you can apply a topical steroidal cream containing desonide or hydrocortisone .
A sunscreen with a good SPF can prevent a bit in such situations while a sure shot way of sun block is using an umbrella, cap or a hat.

Dr.Rohit Batra

Follow-up: Red or light brown rash above right cheek bone, predominant when hot or tired. What is it ? 16 hours later
Hi Dr Batra

Thank you for responding. I have attached another photo and circled another spot for you to comment. I have had this for a while. I will await your comments.
sorry i forgot to mention, the dr thought the spot in photo 30 that I have attached was just a sun spot, what do you think?
Thanks u
XXXXXXX

Dear XXXXXXX

Thanks for your follow up query.

The spot in your photograph is a red patch and is common in fair skin people who adventure a lot in sun.
Sun avoidance and topical application of mild steroidal creams can help you get rid of it.
At times if such spots are old then they change to brownish discoloration and then creams containing whitening agents are prescribed .
Avoiding direct sun light is the key solution here. It is protective as well as curative.

Dr.Rohit Batra