Red itchy rashes appeared on scrotum. Taking testim for low testosterone level. What's going on?

Hello! On my scrotum, I have two quarter sized red areas. Within those red areas, all of my hair follicles look to have a pimple formed around the pore opening. At the hair roots, there are black spots. My scrotum is very tension and itchy, but my testicles are fine. I am in my sixties and have been use Testim 1% for about a year now, due to low testosterone levels without it. What is going on?
Posted Sun, 10 Mar 2013 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 34 minutes later
Seems like you have developed patches of lichen simplex chronicus ( a type of eczema)due to which the area involved has thickened with prominence of hair follicles and slight pigmentation. This could occur due to constant itching or sometimes fungal infection too precipitate this type of eczema.
To treat the same I would advise you to
Take tablet cetirizine twice in a day
Apply candid b cream over the area twice in a day( it contains steroid as well as clotrimazole cream)

Hopefully lesion should resolve in a week but if in case not much response is seen, kindly consult a dermatologist nearby to rule out other causes.

Hope that helps. Should there be any other query feel free to write back.