Ask a Urologist   »  

Red bump on penis, bleeding when broken. Can it be herpes?

Question
i got a red color bump above my pennis.mmeans not all on the pennis between stomache and pennis .i tried to break it and blood came.I am worried it can be herpese help me.I had a cut in one of the placed using scissors so not sure it is cause by the heat over there .but i had 2 other places near that with red bumps.please help me if it herpse
Posted Sun, 9 Sep 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Mihail Iepure 30 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Can you provide more information regarding your condition, in order to clarify,
1.When start your “bumps”
2.how many ‘ bumps “ and where exactly on the skin ( between penis and stomach are very large XXXXXXX called abdomen )
3.Do you have any itching, burning sensation, local pain ?
4.Do you had previously any skin conditions?
At this stage I would advice you don’t touch these “ bumps “ .You may ask nearest pharmacy for antiseptic solution like Povidone Iodine and sterile dressing to apply locally to those bumps and after that seek Dermatologist consultation.
Hope this helps and I have answered your query. If you have additional queries, don’t hesitate to ask.
Best Regards,

Dr.Mihail.

Follow-up: Red bump on penis, bleeding when broken. Can it be herpes? 11 hours later
Hi Doctor

1.1.When start your “bumps”
answer:I saw it today Aug 20th -2012
answer:Yes in abdomen so in the abdomen area. there are 4 bumps in red color.
they are near to each other
answer:No pain,itching or burning sensation.last time i try break one of them that is why blood came out ,Other than that there is no problem at all.It just stays there
i have some rashes in my left armpit,in my shouldher lottle bittle.I had some when i was in my young age,I hope that is due to vitamin problem

i wore proper condom when i had sex and it did not break during intercose so let me know docor is it a sign of herpes

Answered by Dr. Mihail Iepure 2 hours later
Welcome back,
From your description is very unlikely to be herpes virus infection where appeared many vesicles sometimes filled with serous component , not blood, and accompanied by burning sensation, itching , pain, redness around affected XXXXXXX or in your case no above mention signs and symptoms, means is not suggestive for herpes infection. These four bumps on your abdomen skin can be due to several skin conditions, possible your recurrent skin condition that you had in the past. For clarification you have to consult Dermatologist and laboratory investigation ( sample with content of your blisters, complete blood count, ).
Hope this helps and I have answered your query. If you have additional queries , don’t hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,

Dr.Mihail