Recovering from a back injury. Suggest some food or supplement to make bones and joints stronger

Neurologist, Surgical
Dear sir,
I am a professional track and field athlete and i am recovering from a back injury. I wanted to boost my diet with some foods that are good for my bones,cartilage and joints. Can you please suggest me some food or supplement that i can take to make my bones and joints stronger?
Posted Fri, 26 Oct 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vineet Saggar 11 minutes later
Dear Friend,
First i would like to know what kind of back injury you suffered? Was it a bony injury, if so calcium supplements will help along with vitamin D3 sachets.

If it was ligament or disc disease protein supplements will help.

For healthy joints and spine exercise and well balanced diet is good enough.

Dr Vineet