Rapid heartbeat with fever and cough. Is this normal at the age of 30?

Hello, I am 30 years old (125 lbs/ 5' 7'') and have had a rapid heart rate of 110 beats per minute since Wednesday evening accompanied by a fever and coughing. Yesterday, we went to the ER and they determined that I have an upper respiratory infection. I requested zanex and even this doesn't calm my heart rate down. Is it normal that I have had a heart rate of 110 beats per minute and 124/74 blood pressure upon waking since Wednesday evening - considering I have been sleeping through the night?
Posted Thu, 17 Jan 2013 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
High fever is always accompanied by high pulse rate because heart pumps moe blood to keep the body cool and also high results in increased metabolism resulting in high pulse rate.
Once your fever becomes normal,pulse rate would also come down.
ZANEX has not helped you because it doesn't bring the temperature down.
There is nothing to worry for your high pulse rate.

You are most welcome to ask any other query,if you wish.
Best of luck