Raised tendons in palm, pain when lifting index finger. Done acupuncture. Difficulty lifting objects. What is the problem?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
both my hands have middle and ring finger tendons in palm of hand raised considerably it restricts me from even lifting a cup of tea soimetimes due to pain its like four large dots in center of palm raised and hard i get shooting pains up index finger and skin peeling of at knucle of index can u adivse me as ive started acupuncture only one session so far but would like to be more sure of what is problem ive had this for several years but only pain for 1 year im a painter and decorator and also play alot of guitar thanks XXXXXXX walker
Posted Wed, 14 Aug 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 57 minutes later

I have gone through the images provided. These raised large dots (nodules) over middle and ring finger seems to be the part of palmar fibromatosis( Duuytren's disease).
This condition often starts with nodules in the palm of the hand . It usually progresses very slowly and may not become troublesome for years ( as in your case).
If your nodules are painful, steroid injection in the nodule may help to relieve the pain.

Hope this will helps you. Feel free to ask if you have any further query.