Problem while having sex, no erection. What is the solution for good sexual life?

Sexologist
Question
i have married pretty late in life at age 42. its been 2.5 years since we got married. however we are still facing problems while have sexual intercourse. Though we both get physically ready the insertion somehow does not happen properly. only in 'women on top' position there is some success after 2 or 3 tries. when he is on top he gets ejected and lying sideways there is no insertion possible.
Overall the sex life has been almost non existent since marriage only.
i have not been sexually active before my marriage and have very little knowledge on this area. My husband has been married before and has a child. he does not seem to have any physicall problem as his erection is good.
I have been checked up by a gynae and as per her i have no problem. however i still have pain whenever we XXXXXXX
pls advise what we should do.
Posted Mon, 9 Jul 2012 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 14 hours later
Hi there,
Thanks for the query in WWW.WWWW.WW
I can understand from your query that you have three concerns. We shall look at each problem one by one.

1. Painful Intercourse: Pain during intercourse is mainly due to decreased lubrication which is due to inadequate foreplay. Atleast 15 - 20 minutes of foreplay is advisable. Still the lubrication is inadeqaute, you can apply water based lubricants like K-Y Jelly which can reduce friction and hence pain.

2. Premature ejaculation: The main cause for premature ejaculation is performance anxiety. Several techniques are there to increase the time.

a) Stop & Re Start Method: He can stop at a point just before he is about to ejaculate and restart foreplay after some time and again insertion. He can repeat this cycle again.
(b) Squeeze Method: Squeeze the base of glans penis for a few minutes just before he is about to ejaculate. Repeat the process again as required.
(c) Increased frequency of sexual activity can increase the ejaculation time as well.

3. Positional Problems: Obesity and inadequate knowledge about positions can also a problem for proper insertion.

Hope I gave you an insight into your problem. I am still available if you have any more concerns.

regards
Dr A XXXXXXX
Consultant in Reproductive & Sexual Medicine