Prescribed with lamictal for depression. Take Gluburide for diabetes. How to stop the medication?

My ex wife thought I seamed depressed so she had me see a psychiatrist . I did not feel depressed but went anyway.
The physician immediately prescribed lamictal 50 mg dose twice a day. now has increased it to 150 mg of lamictal 2x a day. Then I told him it made me tired and so he gave me 100 mg of Modafinil . My blood pressure is 120/90 so he gives me2.5 mg of ramipril every morning. He also prescribed mg Cialis once a day at nite. He also gives me Loraepam 2 mg at nite and 50 mg of trasadone at nite both to sleep.
I also recently started taking Lyrica 50 mg 3x a day and a 100 mg at nite for neuropathy pain caused by diabetes that is not well managed or controlled. I take Gluburide 5 mg twice a day for diabetes 2 . I aso take 10 unites of Lantis a day - I also take a topical tesasterone and20 units of hgh mixed with b 12 which I have received from a youth body RX company.
I am 58 yrs old and own a large manufacturing co. I have locations around the world - I am totally overwhelmed
And have tons of anxiety. I have lost 60 lbs in a 1&1/2 years with out trying. I workout with heavy weights and cardio 5 times a week with a personel trainer for last 1 year. I am exhausted everyday by 3:00 and require a two hour nap. I feel over medicated !! I Don't know what to do - I don't want all these meds. I am not sure how to stop these drugs. No one wants to help stop the meds only to give me more because it is easier for them. It keeps me coming back and because I have good insurance they all know it will pay. PLEASE HELP
Posted Mon, 11 Nov 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Control blood sugars first...

Detailed Answer:

It seems to be a complex situation. However I see your blood sugar is not in control these days. Blood sugar of 220 every morning is not good control. Because high sugar has an influence of physical and emotional well being of a person, it can be very well the cause of every day fatigue.
Diabetes are not able to utilize sugar from blood for energy. So they easily fatigue. Most of the times this fatigue may be mistaken as signs of depression or the effects of medication.

I understand you wish to be off medications. But before you do that it is essential that you get your blood sugars under control first. Therefore diet and medication for diabetes need to be optimally adjusted depending on the energy expenditure.

You may consult a dietician and plan your diet. Further discuss with your diabetologist to modify diabetes medication. We can safely modify your depression medications and even taper some of them once you get your blood sugar under control.

Hope the answer helps you. Let me know if there is any clarification.