Prescribed to take telvas H for hypertension. Is the medication right?

Hi , Today, I have consulted with a Doctor. He prescribed me to take Telvas H 80 for my High per tension. Earlier I was taken Amlozar 50mg(Amlodin 5), Now the medicine has changed. Today My BP was 100/150. So, Can you please tell me that is it a correct medicine for me. Please let me know if you need more information.
Posted Fri, 8 Jun 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 6 hours later
Thanks for posting your query. I have seen your reports. All are fine except for your triglyceride levels which are a bit raised.

Telvas H contains a combination of two antihypertensives: telmisartan 40 mg and hydrochlorothiazide 12.5 mg. the medicine prescribed to you is absolutely correct and you should take it as guided by your physician. It will take around 4-6 weeks for the medicine to show its optimum action.

Also exercise daily by walking briskly for 45 minutes daily and limit the salt intake in your diet. You should not take any added salt in salads etc. Exercising daily and taking less of calorie XXXXXXX or fried foods will help in decreasing the triglyceride levels.

Moderate physical activity on five or more days each week can help lower triglyceride levels. Other means of lowering triglycerides level include weight loss, Reducing saturated fat, trans fat, and cholesterol in your diet. stopping alcohol intake and eating more fish high in omega-3 fatty acids instead of red meat.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.