Pregnant. Urine report shows 12 to 16 hpf pus cells. Normal. What can I do?

hi doc. I m 6th week urine report shows 12 to 16 hpf pus it harmfull 2 my baby...plz suggest wat I n do?????
all other upine report is normal
Posted Mon, 15 Jul 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 1 hour later
You are showing large number of pus cells in urine. In such scenario the patient typically runs fever with painful and frequent urination. You must do urine culture. Wash well separate the 2 lips let the initial urine go , to collect mid stream without touching the body and give to lab and not collection centre. Urine infection can lead to preterm labor and its consequences. It can also damage the kidney. Your report looks like collection error. A culture will tell us. Meanwhile don't worry