Pregnant. Ultrasound report shows placental thickening noted in anterior and low lying. What does this indicate?

i am 11.2 week pregnant.My Ultrasound report:
placental thickening noted in anterior, low lying,reaching upto XXXXXXX os.
A heterogenous collection measuring 1.45*0.92 cm seen at the lower end of placenta.
Please guide me according to following report.
Posted Sat, 3 Aug 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 2 hours later
The pregnancy in which placenta is low lying and reaching up to XXXXXXX os is called placenta previa(normally placenta is attached in upper segment of uterus).
Before 20weeks as pregnancy advances, placenta moves upward automatically and placenta previa may get resolved but in case if it is not resolved automatically patient needs caesarean section for baby delivery.
The most common complication of placenta previa is vaginal bleeding it can be prevented by taking complete bed rest, put pillow below leg, do not lift weight, not to do exercise and excessive walking.

Heterogeneous collection usually get resolves automatically, so not much reason to worry.

Get your repeat ultrasonography test done after two weeks and consult a gynaecologist to see the position of placental bleeding.

Hope I have answered your query if you have further question I will be happy to help you.
Dr. Richa