Pregnant. Started brown discharge. How long will this last? Should I be worried?

May 2013
Started cilest about 12 days ago and started using it straight away as i knew 100% i wasnt pregnant. I have been having brown discharge for the past 4days (when period should have been due) is this anything to worry about? Also how long will this last as ill be due my 7 day free pill soon
Posted Tue, 16 Oct 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
Cilest is a Contraceptive pills can cause menstrual irregularities as side effects.
So your brown discharge could be inter menstrual bleeding due to pill or as you started the pill in the middle of the cycle this discharge could be spotting associated with mucus discharge representing menstrual flow.
This will subside soon usually within 2 to 3 days.
So you don't worry as these type of symptoms are common while using the contraceptive pills.
You continue the pill as per your schedule.
If that is inter menstrual bleeding you will possibly get withdrawal bleeding during the 7 days pill free period.
If you do not get withdrawal bleeding also you can continue the next pack as usual.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.