Pregnant. Scan report shows FL measure (6.05 cm) and HL measure (5.3 cm). Should I worry?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
Hi Doctor,

My wife is at 34th week of pregnancy now and today we did a XXXXXXX growth scan which states that the FL measure (6.05 cm) and HL measure (5.3 cm) are behind 2 weeks when compared to the rest of the measures. And the lab technician said that there is nothing to worry. Is these implications shows anything that we need to worry about? Please help me..

Other Measurements:

LMP : OCT 06, 2012 GA BY LMP : 33 Weeks 2 days EDD BY LMP : July 13, 2013

GA BY USG : 32 Weeks 3 Days

BPD : 8.5 cm
HC : 30.6 cm
AC : 28.1 cm
FL : 6.05 cm
HL : 5.3 cm
Posted Fri, 14 Jun 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 39 minutes later

During third trimester disparity of around 2 weeks between gestational age by lmp and by ultrasound can be taken as normal.
If the gestational age is taken as 32 weeks as an average according to scan, the FL and HL will come between 25th to 50th percentile.
And usually values between 10th to 90th percentile can be taken as normal.
Reference: WWW.WWWW.WW So if the fetal weight, movements, liquor volume etc. are normal, no need to worry.
You can compare the growth of the baby with previous scan reports.
If overall growth is proportionate to the gestational age possibly there may not be any problem.
Continue with regular antenatal checkups and ultrasound examinations.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Pregnant. Scan report shows FL measure (6.05 cm) and HL measure (5.3 cm). Should I worry? 43 hours later
Hi Doctor,

Thanks for your reply and it gives me relief on seeing your positive reply. I have uploaded all the XXXXXXX scan reports that have been taken so far. Please have a glance at the report and tell me your opinion on this.

Thank you

XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later

According to the last two scans fetal femoral length and humerus length are showing 2 weeks disparity with other parameters.
But they are with in normal range.
This could be due to constitutional as they mentioned. Means if the parents are having short stature, sometimes these type of findings can be seen.
But don't worry as the other parameters like fetal weight, liquor volume etc all are normal, healthy baby can be expected.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.