When will I have perception of fetal movements during first pregnancy?

I'm 18 weeks and 3 days pregnant and I haven't felt my baby move yet! this is my first child! is this normal? should I worry?
Posted Sun, 12 Jan 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 52 minutes later
Brief Answer: Perception of fetal movements is late in the first Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to us. Perception of fetal movements can occur later in the first pregnancy than the later ones. You may feel just a small flicker in the beginning if you observe keenly while lying down and these later on improve to kicks and whole body movements. You may feel the movements well by 20 weeks. As such, you need not worry if you cannot yet get the feel, if your antenatal checkups are going well. You can get the fetal activity assessed when you go for your next visit through a sonogram or cardiotocogram. So, just relax and enjoy your pregnancy. Take adequate rest and eat well. Hope your query is clarified. Please feel free to contact for any more clarifications. I will be happy to help. regards, Shanti.V.