Pregnant. Reducing weight. Feeling nausea but no vomiting. Will it have any affect on baby?

May 2013
Hi, I am 3 and half months pregnant. Before pregnancy, I was 61.5kg. But now I have reduced weight and my weight is 60kg now. I did not suffer from vomitting though I had feeling of nausea at my earlier months. Is it abnormal to lose weight during Pregnancy? Will it affect my baby if I lose weight during Pregnancy? And also please suggest me how to gain weight in a healthy way
Posted Sat, 1 Sep 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later

the possible causes for your decreased weight are,
-part of the energy from your food will be utilized by your baby now, so there will be comparatively less nutrients supply to you if you take same amount of food as before pregnancy.
-though you are not having vomitings, nausea will affect the intake of food, leading to deficient nutritional supply which can lead to decreased weight,

to give sufficient nutritional supply for your self and for the baby you have to increase the quantity and quality of taking food, which should include foods XXXXXXX in proteins, milk, eggs, fruits, XXXXXXX leafy vegetables etc,
you have to take food which will give around 350 additional calories in first half of pregnancy and around additional 500calories in the second half of pregnancy,

don't worry some amount of decrease in weight is normal in early pregnancy, the overall proper planning you can achieve that,
for more details you can visit my blog,

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.