Pregnant. Got chicken pox. Taking Zovirax. Having severe cold and cough. Prescribed Laff Capsule and Dolocold. Safe to take medications?

Mar 2013
I am in the 24th week of pregnancy. I got Chicken Pox 4 days back and it is now recovering well(most of the rashes have dried up). I am taking Zovirax for it and have prescribed tablets till tomorrow.
Now i am having severe cold and cough. I consulted the gynaec and they have suggested the below medication:
Pressmox 500mg Capsule - 1 in morn and 1 in night for 3 days
Laff Capsule - 1 in morn and 1 in night for 3 days
Dolocold - 1 in morn and 1 in night for 2 days
Benadryl cough syrup - 1 Tbsp 3 times a day
Please let me know whether the above medication are safe during pregnancy and i can take them along with Zovirax. Thanks in advance for your advice.
Posted Mon, 1 Jul 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 14 minutes later
The medications prescribed are antibiotics, and supportive medications for cold and cough, and are safe in the 24th week of pregnancy.
You can take them as prescribed, particularly as the Zovirax is to be taken only till tomorrow.
Get well soon.