Pregnancy test negative after unprotected sex. Feel bloated, diarrhea and constipation. Can I still be pregnant?

Question
I had unprotected sex five weeks ago missed one period. Had a negative test. Been bloated back and forth diarrhea and constipation. I have ibs. No other signs of pregnancy. Some weight gain but mostly bloated that is releived when going to the bathroom, some gas and mucus. Stressed working two positions at work. Not sure what to do.
Posted Fri, 6 Dec 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Prasad 41 minutes later
Brief Answer: Pregnancy less likely... Detailed Answer: Hi, I am not sure when was your last menstrual period and if you have had regular periods in the past. Since pregnancy test is already negative, chance of pregnancy is less likely. However I always recommend a second test 5-7 days after the first test to reconfirm negative status. I would like information about your last menstrual period and the regularity of previous cycles before I give you other options of treatment. Awaiting your reply... Regards

Follow-up: Pregnancy test negative after unprotected sex. Feel bloated, diarrhea and constipation. Can I still be pregnant? 1 hour later
I have been tracking my period since this summer i had a leep proceedure on july 9th. Periods since then August 2-5, sept 1-7, sept 19-22, october 11-15. I am all over the place for periods before the leep. 17 days straight to every two weeks. This is the longest without but i guess i have never been tracking before these last few months.

Answered by Dr. Prasad 50 minutes later
Brief Answer: Progesterone supplement can help you... Detailed Answer: Hi, If you had no discomfort or bleeding during intercourse, LEEP procedure has no major impact on your life. The slight period disarray that's happening for the last few months should be secondary to non-harmonious menstrual hormone rhythm. We sometimes see such setbacks due to stress, infection, anemia, poor nutrition as well as pre-existing systemic disease. But many a times a cause is unknown and body auto-regulates and corrects itself. At this point, the most important priority is to exclude pregnancy. I am sure a second pregnancy test will exclude pregnancy beyond doubts. I would suggest a retest now with an early morning urine sample. Primolul N which is a norethisterone (progestogen) drug in the dose of 10mg twice a day taken for 3-5 days can be used to restart periods after excluding pregnancy. Periods will resume as we withdraw this pill after 5 days. I am not sure if you would get this over the counter at your locality. If this drug is not available over counter, you might need to revisit your gynecologist for a prescription. You can also discuss about undergoing ultrasound scan to rule out ovarian disorders (cysts) and using birth control pills for some time. In the mean while, stay relaxed and stress free. Drink plenty of fluid, fruits and high protein diet. Life style amendments do help... Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarification. Regards

Follow-up: Pregnancy test negative after unprotected sex. Feel bloated, diarrhea and constipation. Can I still be pregnant? 17 minutes later
Thank you

Answered by Dr. Prasad 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hope I was of some help to you... Detailed Answer: Please close this discussion if you have no more questions to me. Wish you good health!!