Post coital bleeding, pink discharge. On birth control. PAP smear detected SIL. Causes for bleeding?

For several months now I have been experiencing postcoital bleeding (characterized by a blood tinged pinkish discharge after I wipe). I had a pap recently 3 mos ago which showed low grade SIL, Hpv not detectable. I have been concerned because it appears to occur more often now (greater than 50% of the time). My pcp said it could be micro years and that my results were so minimal. I have noticed more issues since I started on a low dose birth control pill loestrin 24 fe, but I just don't know what could be causing the bleeding. I also have a slight discomfort initially when I start having sex and have tried lubricant to help alleviate this (at times it helps). I also religiously use charmin freshmates wipes, even after urination (not certain if overuse causes irritation). Thanks
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 13 hours later

Get yourself examined by a Gynecologist, if there is some lesion over your cervix like erosion etc. post coital bleeding can occur. Sometimes low dose birth pills cause small in-between menses bleeding called breakthrough bleeding. In your case it does not seems to be breakthrough bleeding. Regarding wipes, too much wiping of vagina disturbs the natural flora of vagina which is required to fight against infection and thus too much wiping can lead to itching etc.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Best wishes.