Post bilateral corneal transplants. Developed severe headache with dizziness and nausea. What can be done?

Seeing 16 year old female post bilateral corneal transplants.Stitches taken out in April and developed severe headache with dizziness and nausea - constant. Typical migraine treatments not working. Denies headaches before transplant surgery.
Posted Mon, 26 Aug 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 42 minutes later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

Glaucoma is on the list of serious complications after such surgery. And the symptoms mentioned do correlate. I would recommend her to get reviewed urgently with the eye surgeon for examination.

If this indeed is true, her intraocular eye pressures would show a rise, and the intensity of this rise would help the eye surgeon decide if medications or surgery is needed or both.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Dr Sujeet, MBBS, MD.