Planning to take garcinia cambogia for appetite control and weight loss. Will I get seratonin syndrome?

Hi my question is about Garcinia cambogia supplement, I am wanting to take it for appetite control and weight loss but I am on 200mg. Zoloft and read that garcinia cambogia also acts like an ssri, if I take the supplement am I at risk for seratonin syndrome.
Posted Thu, 31 Oct 2013 in Weight Loss
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
There are alternative methods.

Detailed Answer:
Hi there, thank you for asking. Yes it is right and serotonin syndrome could be very XXXXXXX No medication has been approved for weight loss up to now. The combination of diet and exercise is the best. You can also consult with your doctor to readjust the dose of sertraline. If he realizes that another medication which does not induce weight gain can help you, he may switch to that one for you. Let me know if you have any questions. I wish you a good health.