Planning to do LASIK surgery for eye. Any side effects?

I am planning to do LASIK surgery for eyes as permanent alternative to eyeglasses.
Presently my vision is negative 5.5 for both the eyes.
Is there any side effect of these surgery?
What would be cost of this surgery?
Pls suggest good hospitals in Indore(MP) for this surgery.
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 16 hours later

Welcome to WWW.WWWW.WW
Thank you for sending your query to us.

LASIK or laser assisted in situ keratomileusis is a safe procedure and now very commonly done in India.

There are certain prerequistes for LASIK surgery.
1. Age should be 18 or above

2. Your eye prescription should be stable for one year atleast.

The cornea should be examined by a procedure known as pachymetry to asses wether your cornea is fit for surgery or not. They assess its thickness.

Yes there are a few complications and side effects of the procedure like high order aberrations, dry eyes, over or under corrections, double vision, star bust apperance etc. But they can be avoided if proper care is taken.

The usual cost is around 30-35k for each eye.

It is a common procedure and any specialized eye centre is doing it. For the best center in Indore you should consult some local Ophthalmologist. He might be able to guide you better. You may talk to Dr XXXXXXX Bhatia XXXXXXX His number is 0000.

For further query please do get back to me.